Sunday, November 2, 2014

Let's Inspire

I love the feeling of inspiration, whether I have been inspired or have had the opportunity to be an inspiration. It's a feeling as if a step toward greatness has occurred. It's a feeling of happiness.

Each year I make a goal to try something new. This year's goal is to provide inspiration and to receive inspiration. Thus, I will need your help. With each posting, please share your thoughts, ideas and own inspirations.

I will start off with sharing the various "new" activities I have experienced over the years. In turn, please share some activities you recommend I try.


  1. I trained for a triathlon and ended up participating in two. The training was a great way to stay in shape but does require a lot of time.  Once the boys are old enough to participate, I will probably try another. ("Thank you!" Kelly Widder Sussey for being such a fun partner in training!)
  2. I ran a 15k with one of my best friends, Carrie Appell. I would do this again with a friend or one of the boys in a heartbeat. Working out is so much better with a bud.
  3. I took snowboarding lessons with the boys. Again, it's fun to spend time with the kids, but I did break my tailbone... so jury is still out on this one!
  4. I have tried a number of exercise classes:step, boxing, TRX, Spin, Body Pump, yoga, hot yoga (love it), extremely hot yoga (hated it) and boot camp. It's fun to mix it up. 
  5. I took guitar lessons with my littlest buddy. Very fun and I can now play Wild Thing with the best of 'em.
  6. I coached all my kids soccer teams (when they were 7 and really just needed disciplined fun).
  7. I've published three books (One Fateful Night, A Leap of Fate and A Beginner's Guide to On-line Security). I can't begin to tell you how much I have learned about writing, publishing, marketing and social media!
  8. Career wise, I took my own Leap of Fate in 2004 and started a company, IS Security Solutions, LLC. Ten years later, the company is still going strong.
  9. This year I joined the State of Ohio Audit Committee. It is a goal and ambition to join the audit committee of at least one publicly traded company. 
  10. Just recently, in a commitment to stay fit and healthy for my boys, I have joined the Plexus family.  I just joined last week, so I will have to keep you posted!
I am so fortunate to be surrounded by a husband, kids, family and friends who support and encourage my "Leaps of Fate." I am so thankful for their positive energy and willingness to get on board with my crazy adventures. Just last weekend, my mom placated my wishes by going parasailing on my birthday... another cherished memory!

Thanks for reading!  I hope you will share my blog and post more inspirational ideas... What should I try next???

Wendi Finn

http://www.issecuritysolutions.com/
http://wendifinn.myplexusproducts.com/testimonials

No comments:

Post a Comment